We all want that gorgeous, glowing skin all year round. We want to put our spray tan on and forget about it for at least a few weeks! If you’ve got a great tanning solution, there are a lot of ways in which you can care for it and make your tan last longer.
Caring for Your Spray Tan
Here are some important steps to take when caring for a spray tan before, during, and after the application:
- Make sure to exfoliate your skin before you apply your tan to remove any dead skin cells and ensure your tan applies easily and smoothly.
- Use a mitt to apply your tan and spread it evenly across the skin.
- Apply your tan to the ankles, elbows, and knees at the end.
- Avoid long, hot showers after you’ve tanned, so the color doesn’t fade quickly.
- Avoid the sauna or steam rooms, so you don’t ruin your tan.
- Moisturize every day to keep your skin hydrated. Forgetting to do so can cause your tan to fade very quickly.
- Top up with a gradual tanner if you feel like your tan isn’t dark enough.
- Wax your skin instead of shaving to avoid causing streaks in the tan.
Caring for a spray tan is important in order to keep your tan looking great for a long time. If you want an even glow all year round, follow the tips above. Forgetting even just one of these tips can cause your tan to fade or streak, so make sure to take note of each one!
If you’re looking for more advice when it comes to sunless tanning or caring for a spray tan, contact the professional team here at Veranda Sun Tanning today. We can help you get the sun-kissed skin and beautiful Australian glow in no time!