Great Ideas for Leftover Turkey
Got Thanksgiving leftovers? There’s more to leftover turkey than just sandwiches.
Check out 5 great ideas or comment on your own family secrets!
- Make Turkey Noodle Soup instead of “Chicken Noodle Soup” and freeze the leftovers. Pull out your favorite recipe just sub turkey for the chicken.
- Make homemade turkey stock. Use the bones, just like you do with leftover chicken bones/parts. This would be the perfect starting point for your “Turkey Noodle Soup” as mentioned above or for other dishes that call for chicken broth/stock.
- Freeze batches of the cooked turkey meat. Stick your leftovers in zip lock bags or other freezer-safe containers, and you’ll have them available for sandwiches or recipes on another day.
- Make Your Sandwiches Better by including the filling and cranberry sauce. All it takes is some good bread (we recommend whole-wheat bread), a little mayo, stuffing, turkey, and the cranberry sauce! Another great sandwich option would be turkey, brie, and a quick apple chutney.
- Substitute turkey for cooked chicken/meat in your favorite recipes.
Some great ideas include:
- Turkey Gumbo (just sub turkey for the seafood)
- Turkey Enchiladas
- Turkey Tortilla Soup
- Turkey Fajitas
- As pizza topping
- Turkey Chili
- Stuffed Shells or Lasagna
Tips adapted from Lisa Leake in 100 days of Real Food: Images from source at: http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2011/11/24/real-food-tips-5-uses-for-leftover-turkey/
Contact Veranda Sun
At Veranda Sun in Boulder, we care about your health. Stop by for a visit or contact us to learn more about other great ways to help your body feel great and stay beautiful. Follow our blog for beauty and health tips every week and don’t miss out on any of our specials and deals. Have questions? Ask us. Or visit us and lets talk!