Summer is in full swing, and everyone wants to sport a great tan. Sitting out in the sun is uncomfortable, unhealthy, and time-consuming. Its why people choose airbrush tan or similar solutions like tanning lotions or sunbeds to get a golden tan. The airbrush method is the most popular choice because it is easier to develop an even and consistent tan. Here are a few tips to get an excellent sunless tan and keep it for a long time:
Airbrush Tan Preparations for Even Skintone
Proper preparations before getting a tan can help improve its effectiveness. Here’s a look at the steps you can take to achieve good results:
Exfoliate every day for at least three days before the scheduled appointment. This will remove all of the dead skin cells and debris.
- Don’t use chemical exfoliants. Stick with scrubs, loofahs, or wash clothes to remove dead skin cells.
- Don’t wax within 24 hours of the appointment; that can open up your skin’s pores, resulting in an uneven tan.
- Shower at least eight hours before the tan. The time allows your skin to regain its pH balance, giving you a better airbrush tan in Boulder.
These tips can help ensure your skin is ready for a spray tan and will take it better. You will have more even and consistent tone as a result.
How to Maintain Your Even Tan?
Airbrush tan in Boulder can last for anywhere between 5 and 10 days based on the quality of the product and application. Lighter colors fade faster and will only last for around five days, while darker colors last for about 10 days. Here are some tips to help you maintain your tan:
- Apply baby powder under your arms and in areas where you’re likely to sweat. This can help avoid streaking, which happens when sweat crawls down your skin and leaves behind visible lines in your new tan.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing for the first 24 hours to let your tan settle in.
- Don’t wash the tanning solution off for at least six hours. That will help the solution sink in. Don’t keep it on for more than 12 hours.
- Take a short shower after six to eight hours.
- Don’t use soap, shampoo, or exfoliation products. Just wash your body with water and tap it dry with an old towel.
You can also top-off the sunless tan with self-tanner after a few days to extend its life by several days. Contact a professional if you want more advice on preserving a tan.