Low Humidity, harsh cold, chilly winds… winter elements take a toll on your skin
- the most obvious:drink plenty of water
- take Omega3 supplements as part of your healthy diet
- hydrate skin with day cream with SPF and night cream before bed
- apply pure coconut oil unto skin
- bring moisture back into the air when inside
- keep temperature levels inside comfortable for your skin (not too hot, not too cold)
- expose your skin to the sun or get artificial UVB to keep ideal Vitamin D levels
How does Omega3 work?
Omega-3 fats helps your skin fight the dehydration process of your cells, keeping your skin cells healthy and moisturized, this also helps improve your looks, erasing fine lines causes by dry skin. Omega-3 fats also help you fight irritations and cold rashes on your skin, giving you a clearer complexion. This smoother look is due to the anti-inflammatory effects of Omega3. Winter months might require an increased dose of your Omega3 intake if you normally include it in your diet. HEALTHY FATS is what this is!
How does Coconut Oil work?
Coconut oil acts as a strong moisturizer , and you can apply it topically to fight off lines causes by dry skin. No expensive creams or lotions needed. Coconut oil helps reduce aging effects by keeping your connective tissue moisturized, strong and smooth, but also by exfoliating dead skin cells! This is what we call ALL NATURAL BEAUTY! Hopefully, the tropical smell will help you think of better, sunnier days ahead!
How does Vitamin D work?
As little as 15 Minutes in Direct Sunlight Get You 10,000 units of Vitamin D. Even though, Sun Exposure is the Most Effective Source of Vitamin D most of us don’t have access to that quality sunlight that we need during the cold winter months. In that case, artificial UV Light Helps You Get Your Vitamin D even when there’s not enough sunshine. Vitamin D has a Spectacular Role in Human Health. There are now 33,800 medical papers with vitamin D in the title or abstract, and this veritable mountain of research shows that vitamin D has far-reaching benefits to your physical and mental health. Among those a press release from 2013 where among other, Vitamin D helps improve:
- health of pregnant women and reduces risk of future childhood language impairment
- reduces risk of Cesarean section and pre-eclampsia
- less risk of diabetes mellitus type 2 and type 1 (T1DM)
- reduces risk of heart disease and stroke
- reduces risk of Autism, Alzheimer’s, and other brain dysfunction
- helps fight bacterial and viral infections
- is effective against colds and influenza
- reduces risk of breast cancer
- helps ease Raynaud’s Discomfort
- lowers all-cause mortality rates
- reduces risk of falls and fractures by improving neuromuscular control
- and if you fall it reduces the risk of hip fracture and nonvertebral fracture
- And the list could go on and on…
You need your D to helps healthy and during the winter in Colorado, it’s harder for most of us to get enough natural light to have ideal Vitamin D levels and serotonin production for healthy living. That’s why we offer you artificial UV created by sun beds has the same positive effect as sunshine.
Visit our Tanning Superstore in Boulder, Colorado, our tanning professionals at Veranda Sun know how to help you control the right amount of tanning your skin needs. Lots of people experienced this as they came to see us during our Free Week that ended Saturday.
At Veranda Sun Tanning Salon in Boulder, we continue to bring you useful information on health, beauty and Vitamin D! Find more interesting topics every week by visiting our Blog. You can follow us on Facebook or Google+ so you won’t miss any of our tanning specials, membership prices, and great offers! Veranda Sun helps you discover new ways to stay healthy and beautiful!
At Veranda Sun in Boulder, we care about your health. Contact us to learn more about other great ways to help your body feel great and stay beautiful. Have questions? Ask us. Or visit us and lets talk!
Veranda Sun, Your Bronzing Paradise!