Tips and Safety for a Fabulous Tan in Winter
We want you to look great and stay healthy. Here are a few pointers on how to get a great tan and keep it longer. But also, some safety warnings we want you to always keep in mind. Come visit Veranda Sun Tanning Salon in Boulder, Your Bronzing Paradise!
- Hydrate: Moist skin tans better – stay hydrated, and be lavish with your favourite body lotion. The cold us very harsh on your skin, so keep drinking enough water.
- Remove Hair: You don’t show off your legs as much with so many layers on. But tanning won’t be as efficient if you’re very hairy. Consider shaving or waxing first.
- Shower before, not after: Don’t shower directly after, let the melanin in your skin absorb the tan, it’s a good idea to shower before and then bathe the next day.
- Exfoliate: For a tan that “sticks” even longer, exfoliate right before visiting the salon. This will expose a fresh layer of skin that won’t shed for a while, although it may also increase your chances of getting a sunburn, so remember your sunblock when you’re out in the sun.
- If you have sensitive skin, it’s best not to exfoliate or wax less than 24 hours before visiting a tanning salon.
- Good Practice: It is usually expected that after you finish with the machine, you wipe up any remaining sweat you might have left in the bed with the small towel. This reduces the time they have to take when they clean the bed before someone else uses it. It also saves you from some embarrassment.
- Discounts: Have you seen our monthly specials? We always have great deals, membership discounts and great tanning packages. Want to have a fabulous tan through the winter, get your Vitamin D and save money? Ask us how
- Use the goggles: Going into the tanning bed without special goggles is very dangerous and may cause you to go blind. Even if you don’t go blind, you can permanently affect your night vision, and permanently destroy your ability to see colours properly and vividly.
- Start slow: Do not rely on the colour of your skin to tell you when to stop tanning – in an intense, stand-up booth you can burn badly in 5 minutes and not know it until 6 hours later when you start to turn beet red. START LOW and work your way up!
- Control your UV exposure: Exposing yourself to UV rays increases your chances of skin cancer, so trust our expert staff for their advice and care for your skin when you are exposed to natural light.
- Once a day: Do not tan more often than once every other day. Your skin will continue to tan for at least 24 hours after you leave the bed – you need recovery time, or you will burn.
- Lotions: indoor tanning lotions contain NO SUN BLOCK, so they will not protect you outdoors.
- Wear Sunblock outdoors: Wear sunblock every time you go out. Sometimes we forget to in the winter, so make it your part of your daily routine.
- Trust us: Take advice from the employees at Veranda Sun, our staff is trained with the neccesary safety precautions to help protect you and your skin.
Visit Veranda Sun
Find us in Boulder, Co. 1670 30th Street, in the King Soopers shopping center, ONLY 5 minute drive from Campus, 10 minutes from anywhere in Boulder!
We are located directly across the street from the 29th Street Mall on the North East Corner of 30th and Arapahoe Ave. Call us: (303) 447-8844
Email us: [email protected]
Monday – Friday: 9:00am – 8:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am – 6:00pm