How much sleep is enough?
Sleep requirements vary slightly from person to person, but research continues to prove that most healthy adults need at least eight hours of sleep each night to function at their best. No secret there!
But also, how well you sleep will determine a lot in the energy yo have the following day. And vice versa, your daily routines affect your sleep Similarly
These easy tips will be helpful to get quality sleep, feel more energetic during the day and be productive, mentally sharp, emotionally balanced. Who doesn’t want that?
The first step to improving the quality of your rest is finding out how much sleep you need.
Keep a regular sleep schedule
Go to bed and getting up at the same time each day, consistency is will be very important for your sleep cycle:
- Choose the time at which you normally start feeling tired and go to bed at the same time every night. Try to stick to your routine even on weekends. Don’t make rough changes, rather help your body adjust by making the change in small daily increments, 10 minutes earlier or later each day for example.
- If you’re getting enough sleep, you should wake up naturally, and if you go to bed at the same time, your cycle should be perfect. If you are needing an alarm every morning and hitting the snooze button over and over, you probably need to set an earlier bedtime.
- Daytime naps of about 30 minutes are better for recovering lost sleep than sleeping in late. But if you struggle with insomnia eliminate napping.
- If you find yourself getting sleepy on other times, stimulate your mind, do something productive and don’t give into the drowsiness.
- You may need to experiment the right schedule for you for a few weeks, once you have started going to bed at the same time every night for several days allow yourself to sleep until you wake up naturally. Caution, it may take a few weeks to fully recover if you’ve been sleep deprimed. But eventually you’ll find a natural sleep schedule that works best for you.
Why is sleep so important?
If you got to bed relaxed, you will sleep easier and more deeply. A peaceful bedtime routine sends a powerful signal to your brain that it’s time to wind down and let go of the day’s stresses. We all know we need our sleep. Sleep deprived people can’t think straight, have a harder time focusing, keeping their emotions in check and controlling anxiety that leads to overeating and all sorts of health and skin problems. So a good sleep is important, for more than just an optimal level of energy.
If you eat right, exercise regularly and keep your stress levels in check, you’ll be surprised at how much better you sleep and how much healthier you feel. exerciseTake this quiz by YouBeauty.com to Measure Your Sleep Quality
Researchers have found evidence that vitamin D deficiency is associated with sleep problems, particularly with daytime sleepiness.
In the cold Colorado Winter months, it’s harder to get your Vitamin D naturally from Sun exposure alone. So Veranda Sun brings you an easy, beautiful alternative: Safe Tanning Against Vitamin D Deficiency!
Get your Vitamin D from Safe, Controlled, Artificial Light In Boulder, Colorado at Veranda Sun and stay healthy and during the winter in Colorado, it’s harder for most of us to get enough natural light to have ideal Vitamin D levels and serotonin production for healthy living and UV Light Helps!How Do You Know if You Are Getting Enough Vitamin D?
Visit our Tanning Superstore in Boulder, Colorado, the artificial UV created by sun beds has the same positive effect as sunshine. Our tanning professionals at Veranda Sun know how to help you control the right amount of tanning your skin needs. Learn more about How Tanning Works and Tips and Safety for Tanning in Boulder, CO.
At Veranda Sun Tanning Salon in Boulder, we continue to bring you useful information on health and beauty. Find more interesting topics every week by visiting our Blog, we’ll continue to post on Healing and Preventive Qualities of the Sun. You can follow us on Facebook and Google+ so you’ll be sure not to miss any of our tanning specials, membership prices, Veranda Sun helps you discover new ways to stay healthy and beautiful!
At Veranda Sun in Boulder, we care about your health. Contact us to learn more about other great ways to help your body feel great and stay beautiful. Have questions? Ask us. Or visit us and lets talk! Come in and Get Your Vitamin D Even When It’s Cold!
Your Bronzing Paradise! Where we teach you how Vitamin D is important to stay healthy and stay alive!