Spray tanning is one of the best ways to get that perfect sun-kissed glow. Today, you don’t need to sit under the scorching sun for hours for this, and you can walk into a spray tanning salon at your convenience to get the tan you want. But there are certain things you should do before, during, and after a tan.
Before, During and After Spray Tanning- Tips to Follow
Here are some handy tips that will help you prepare for your tan, know what to expect during the session, and then maintain it well.
- Pre Tanning Tips
Preparation is the very first step to maximize your spray tan results. These are things to follow:
- Wax or shave before the appointment as doing so after the tanning session will only cause your tan to fade.
- Use an in-depth scrub to exfoliate your body to remove dry patches and dead skin.
- Do not use any moisturizers on the day of the tan as the product can act as a barrier resulting in unevenness and streaks.
- Wear loose clothing to the appointment.
- During The Spray Tan
These are the things to expect and tips to follow:
- When you reach the salon, you can undress to whatever your level of comfort is. Wear undergarments or a bathing suit.
- The professional spray tan technician will instruct you on the efficient angles, arm placement, and body rotations.
- After Spray Tanning Tips
These are tips for immediately after your spray tanning session:
- Do not rub your skin or cross your legs as that will only form streaks.
- When driving home, be mindful of the seat belt strap smearing your chest.
- Stay away from activities that might result in sweating.
- Do not come in contact with water.
Making Your Tan Last
Things to focus on include:
- Moisturize daily using a hydrating PH balanced formulation as it will help the tan last longer.
- Stay clear of microdermabrasion sessions, strips, masks, and scrubbing.
- Steer clear of products containing alcohol, lactic acids, or salicylic acid.
- Avoid body washes such as bathes, manicures and pedicures, and hot water too.
- Limit the amount of time you spend in the shower
- Avoid oils, hard soaps, and exfoliants.
- Don’t rub your body with a towel after showers.